Anonymous Donor Contact Policy
Protecting the privacy of our parents and donors is one of the most important parts of our job. By sharing as much information as possible while maintaining strict confidentiality, we strive to make the entire experience safe and comfortable for everyone involved.
California Cryobank recognizes the concerns regarding the rights to privacy and confidentiality on the part of the sperm donor, all parents, and the child. To best balance these concerns with a donor conceived child's real and legitimate needs to know about his or her biological heritage, CCB has developed our Anonymous Donor Contact Policy:
- We will never destroy patient or donor files. They will remain securely stored by CCB indefinitely.
- Upon reaching the age of eighteen, any CCB child has the right to request additional information about his/her genetic father. Cryobank will make all reasonable efforts to supply that information either from our records or by attempting to contact the donor on the child's behalf.
- Upon reaching the age of eighteen, any CCB child has the right to request contact with his/her genetic father. Cryobank will make all reasonable efforts to contact the donor on the child's behalf. If the donor is willing, CCB will help facilitate the initial contact.
- A parent may not, either for themselves or on behalf of their underage child, receive any additional information on their donor beyond the available profile. Any medical concerns or genetic questions should be directed to the CCB Genetic Counselors at 877-743-6384.
- While we are NOT opposed in principal to breaking anonymity between the donor and the adult child, it must be by mutual consent of both parties. We are obligated by mutual agreements to maintain the anonymity and privacy of the donor, child, and parent. The only exceptions to this rule are in instances of mutual consent by both the adult child and donor.
For more information, contact our Client Services Department at 866-927-9622.