Where does CCB find all of these great donors?
The majority of our sperm donors are recruited from world-class universities*, including UCLA, USC, Stanford University, Harvard University and MIT.
Other donors are established professionals in various fields including business, medicine, law, and the entertainment industry.
CCB recruits sperm donations from donors via internet advertising, information seminars, and university publications. The recruiting process includes:
- Candidates complete an online donor application
- Basic qualification requirements:
- Age 19-39**
- Enrolled in (or a degree from) a 4-year university
- Height of 5'9"
- Are in good health
- A 3-6*** month screening process, meeting basic requirements
- Donor Screening Pyramid
- CCB only accepts men who can provide specific medical and genetic information on themselves and their family members.
* California Cryobank is not connected or affiliated with, nor endorsed, favored, or supported by UCLA, USC, Stanford University, Harvard University, MIT or any other educational institution. All third party trademarks, including UCLA, USC, Stanford University, Harvard University and MIT are the trademarks of their respective owners.
** The American Association of Tissue Banks sets age 39 as the maximum age for donors.
*** FDA and the American Association of Tissue Banks require that all donor semen must remain quarantined for 6 months before being made available to the public.